If you are going to apply for a Accounts Clerk job then start writing a cover letter for your Accounts Clerk job application.
The role of an Accounts Clerk is also referred to as a finance clerk or bookkeeper, and they work in all types of businesses and organisations, keeping financial records up to date and helping to prepare accounts.
Entry requirements are GCSE qualifications (grade A-C), including maths and English. A level in business studies, maths or economics could also be useful. An Apprenticeship scheme may offer another route into this career.
Accounts Clerk Duties:
- Balancing accounts (often known as ‘double entry book-keeping’)
- Dealing with sales invoices, income, receipts and payments
- Arranging purchase orders
- Preparing statements showing income and payments
- Completing VAT returns
- Checking that accounts are accurate
- Preparing wages and managing claims for expenses
- Helping to prepare annual accounts
- Using computerised accounting systems and maintaining accurate records
- Providing administrative support to accountants
Example Cover Letter for Accounts Clerk
2 Charles Street
your email @
The Science Lab Ltd
That City Business Park
That City, MC34 5GF
Dear Personnel Manager,
Please find enclosed my application form and CV for the post of Accounts Clerk, as advertised in the (where you found vacancy). As a skilled individual with a solid accounting background, I am certain that my qualifications and related experience would be of benefit to your company.
As you can see from my attached CV, I am highly skilled in maintaining accounting journals, ledgers and other accounting support tasks. I also have a demonstrated ability to perform reconciliations and other accounting functions in a timely and efficient manner as well as strong computer skills in packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, 10-key and Windows. Likewise, I am proficient in accounting software including SAGE.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I am available for interview at any time, and look forward to hearing from you shortly.
toResign.com has thousands of career documents including Resignation Letters, CV Examples, Cover Letters, Job Application Forms and more…