Cover letter for the job role of an Administration Officer.
The role of an Administration Officer involves all the duties of an Administrator, with the ability to manage, supervise and hold key responsibility for all office procedures.
An Administration Officer carries out a range of administrative and IT-related tasks, depending on the employing organisation. The work may vary from running the administrative side of a small employer’s business as a sole administrator to overseeing the office work of numerous staff. Although the work of an office manager differs greatly across organisations, they all have the responsibility for ensuring that their office runs efficiently.
Experience is the sought after requirement for this role however qualifications such as Business Administration NVQ’s and other industry related qualifications and training will aid your application.
Administration Officer Duties:
- Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases
- Managing filing systems
- Developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management
- Organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs
- Overseeing the recruitment of new staff, sometimes including training and induction
- Ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload, often by using temping agencies
- Carrying out staff appraisals, managing performance and disciplining staff
- Promoting staff development and training
- Implementing and promoting equality and diversity policy
- Responding to customer enquiries and complaints
- Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed
- Attending conferences and training
Example Cover Letter for Administration Officer
Dear HR Manager,
I am writing to submit my application for the position of Administration Officer within the (where job based), as seen within your vacancy advertisement on (where you saw job advertised).
Please find my CV attached, from which you can see my academic qualifications including NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration. I also posses over ten years employment as an Administration Assistant, of which followed from extensive experience within the office industry.
From my training and experience, I have gained many industry related skills such as a knowledge of current laws and regulations, the ability to assure compliance at the facility, typing speed of 62wpm, computer literate in office applications; MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access etc as well as various database software packages. I have also gained experience of the recruitment of new staff and implementing new procedures.
I am available to start immediately, and should you require any further information please feel free to contact me.
toResign.com has thousands of career documents including Resignation Letters, CV Examples, Cover Letters, Job Application Forms and more…