What is a Performance CV format?
A Performance CV is the most popular type of CV. It highlights job titles and company names, starting with your most recent job and working backwards. However, you begin with an ‘Achievements’ section, which highlights impressive achievements that can make you stand out from other candidates. Under each job title you list your responsibilities in the role.
Is a Performance CV the same as a Chronological CV?
A Performance CV is a newer version of a ‘Chronological CV’. A Chronological CV is a basic CV listing your personal details, work experience, education and interests. The Performance CV is similar to this but includes profile and achievements sections.
What are the pros and cons?
You might like to use a Performance CV if:
Is it suitable for me?
This style of CV might not be suitable for you if:
Example Performance CV
32 Any Street, Birmingham, B1 8AB
0121 345 67893
An organised, confident and motivated PA with ten years’ experience. Communicates confidently and effectively at all levels and uses initiative to meet the highest standards. Always striving to go the extra mile in order to achieve the set goal. Seeking new challenges and additional responsibility to progress career.
(Drawing attention to 10 years working as a PA immediately tells the reader Julie has a wealth of experience. )
- Promoted to the role of PA to the General Manager whilst at Johnson’s Packaging. (Promotions show you’ve been trusted with additional responsibility.)
- Completed the Girl guiding UK Adult Leadership scheme to become a Guide Leader.
- Completed the Birmingham half Marathon, raising £5,000 for charity. (Achievements from voluntary
work are still relevant because they highlight leadership skills.)
Julie has created an achievements section, which is the special section you get on Performance CVs. You can use this section to highlight impressive achievements in and out of work.
Birmingham Royal Hospital Medical Secretary 2015 – 2019
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to a consultant and
a team of junior doctors
- Summarising all incoming correspondence into patients’ medical records
- Arranging meetings, managing diary, dealing with appointment requests
- Actioning all GP referrals, liaising with other internal and external hospital
- Audio typing and copy typing of clinic letters and operating lists
- Clinical coding of all incoming patient correspondence.
Birmingham City Council Secretary 2014 – 2017
- Provided secretarial support to a manager of busy education department
- Drafted and typed letters and other documents
- Updated records using computer database and spreadsheet software
- Administered all incoming and outgoing post
- Ensured all filing systems were up to date.
Johnson’s Packaging PA/Administrative Assistant 2013 – 2015
- Supervised administrative staff and delegated tasks
- Audio typing and copy typing of documents
- Managed general manager’s diary
- Organised travel arrangements for international travel.
First Aid at work qualification
Birmingham College of Further Education 2016
Adult Centre 2014
- NVQ levels 1-4 in Business and Administration
Brunswick County Secondary School 2010 – 2012
- 3 O Levels Grade B
- CSE English Grade 1
(On Performance CVs the qualifications section is below the experience section. This draws more attention to the professional experience she’s gained.)
Girl Guides – Assistant Leader – assisting in the running of a local Girl Guides group
Sports – swimming, running and general keep fit.
Available on request
toResign.com has thousands of career documents including Resignation Letters, CV Examples, Cover Letters, Job Application Forms and more…