Use our PR CV Example if you are going to apply for a Public Relations job around the world.
You will need to amend this example as suitable before sending and using it for your job applications. Customising this CV is important before sending it to be head hunted.
Quick CV Tips:
– Job market is tougher than ever before so it’s very easy for recruiters and employers to fail you as soon as they spot a mistake on your application. Grammatical and spelling mistakes are one of the biggest reasons applicants fail. Get your writing to proofread by one of your friends or family members.
– You don’t need to have a CV which is longer than 1 page. Keep it nice and short.
– Your application process may end if the recruiters may notice that your CV is irrelevant to the job you are applying for.
Public Relations CV Example
1, My House
Assume an engaging position as a Public Relations specialist for a financial institution in Charlotte, NC.
Summary of Skills
- Internal Communications
- Media Planning/Buying
- Public Awareness Campaigns
- Strategic Communications Planning
- Development of Publications
- Public Relations Training
- Special Events and Disaster Control Training
Public Relations Specialist: March 2016 – July 2018, First Bank USA, Charlotte, NC
- Increased First Bank USA news coverage by contributing to financial breaks through community service projects for the elderly.
- Launched We Believe In Trust campaign; increased client base by 45% through promotional account transactions.
- Reinvented First Bank USA’s image with media outlets and consultants.
- Managed disaster control during economic breakdown thorough understanding of how First Bank USA would survive.
Public Relations Consultant: May 2013 – March 2016, Wachovia, Charlotte, NC
- Managed two campaigns: People First and Save Your Future
- People First involved high recruitment of qualified financial investors, professionals, and clients through community service projects and online pay-per-click advertisements.
- Save Your Future increased parent participation in developing college savings accounts, Trust Funds, and other child related financial packages
- Consulted the Media and Marketing departments in branding techniques to reinforce Wachovia’s image to the public.
Public Relations Specialist: Jan. 2014 – May 20016, Marshall’s Financial Professionals, Charlotte, NC
- Increased Marshall’s Financial Professional’s media presence by 47% after hosting ten community service projects from Feb. 2001 – May 2003.
- Assisted Public Relations Manager in coordinating public relations events including press conferences, distributing press releases, and nurturing relationships with prominent reports.
- Successfully managed a budget of $4.3M in two client accounts.
University of Phoenix, Charlotte, NC
- Master’s in Business Administration (May 2015)
University of North Carolina-Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications – Public Relations (May 2012)
- Minor in Marketing
- July 2019 – Present: American Association of Public Relations Specialists, Member
*References available upon request.