Sainsbury’s is one of the most popular and biggest employer in the UK. If you have an interview coming up with Sainsbury’s then why don’t you check out these questions before your big day?
– Be there 15 minutes before your arranged time. Being too early or late won’t look good on you.
– Attire is important. Ask them the dress code if there is any!
– Be prepared for your interview. Try to answer following questions yourself.
– Research the company!
Sainsburys Job Interview Questions 2021
- Why Sainsbury’s? Tell me a time you successfully worked in a team?
- Name a time when you gave excellent customer service?
- Have you ever had to tell someone something that they didn’t want to hear? How did you do this and how did they react?
- What does teamwork mean to you?
- What is good customer service?
- What do you have to offer for us?
- When have you successfully worked as part of a team?
- What technology do you use?
- What makes you unique?
- Tell me about yourself rather than run through your CV
- Do you prefer to work alone or in a team?
- How do you define success?
- Give a time you have given good customer service?
- Tell me about yourself and your current role.
- Why do you want to work for Sainsbury’s?
- Have you had any disagreements/problems at your previous employment?
- How would you deal with angry customers?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- If you were hired what sort of person will I be getting?
- Why should we hire you?
Tip: Sainsbury’s is the second biggest supermarket chain the in the UK
- Walk around the shop and write down anything good/bad about the shop.
- How would you describe a mobile phone to an old person?
- Why didn’t you just stay?
- What knowledge and skills can you bring from your past?
- What are your career goals?
- What brought you to Sainsbury’s?
- What is customer service?
- Is there a time where you have used customer service skills?
- Can you work flexible hours and shifts?
- What makes you right for the job?
- Why didn’t you like this?
- How do you handle responsibility?
- What do you think you will be doing in this role?
- When have you worked in a team?
- How you handled a difficult customer and what you could do better?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- Have you got experience in customer service?
Tip: Don’t forget to take a copy of your CV!
- What is the difference between Sainsbury, Tesco and Morrisons?
- What can you bring to this company?
- What can you tell us about the link about fair trade and Sainsbury’s?
- Why did you leave?
- Give a time where you delivered good customer service?
- Give an example where you provided exceptional customer service.
- What would like to see from a customer service assistant in your perspective?
- How will you travel to work?
- What would you do if a customer was angry with their order?
- What do you know about our company?
- What attracted you to this role?
- Give an example of a time where you had to manage your time?
- Why did you leave your previous job?
- Why would you like to work for Sainsbury’s?
- Give a time when you had to prioritise multiple tasks and what you could do better?
- Why did you hate this?
- Why do you want to work for Sainsburys?