You can use our CV example to get started with your Waiter job application. Restaurants, pubs and bars are closed due to the pandemic we are going through however they won’t be closed forever so it’s best to be prepared.
Update your CV to be fully ready for the big opening. You should have an up to date CV which saved both on your smartphone and PC. You never know which platform would be handy to apply for the jobs.
You must also get your writing proofread before doing anything else. Recruiters won’t tolerate grammatical and spelling mistakes on your Curriculum Vitae. ATS, Application Tracking Systems will detect any errors and fail you even before you reach human eyes.
Writing a too long CV won’t do any good to an applicant. It will risk your application not being read.
Keeping your career documents relevant to the job you are applying for is the best way to secure an interview. It would be much better for an employer to find someone who already has experience than someone who hasn’t got any.
Waiter Resume – CV Example
1, My House
To obtain a position as a waiter in an upscale restaurant in Newark, NJ.
Summary of Qualifications
- Outgoing personality with strong analytical, customer service, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in diverse environments and with diverse groups. Extensive knowledge of hospitality etiquette, food preparation, and customer service training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Senior Waiter: May 2019 – Present, Julianne Foods, Inc., Newark, NJ
- Assist food preparers in order completion by informing chefs of client preferences and immediate response upon food call.
- Handle two sections of restaurant with punctual, friendly service for new and current customers.
- Assist managers in writing menu options and price adjustments.
- Implement an online marketing plan to promote Julianne Foods, Inc. to a larger audience.
- Produce direct mail pieces for current client base to increase sales.
- Increased sales by 3% last year due to diligence, friendly service, and prompt response to inquiries.
Waiter: January 2012 – May 2013, Joey’s Italian Restaurants, Newark, NJ
- Assisted clients in menu decisions.
- Provided consistent prompt, friendly service.
- Track record of successful client retention by serving methods.
- Assisted Assistant Manager in closing restaurant.
- Maintained cleanliness in dining area.
- Participated in monthly staff meetings and training sessions.
Waiter: March 2015 – January 2018, Trilled Restaurant, Newark, NJ
- Improved restaurant customer service by 5% annually.
- Assisted Assistant Managers in preparing work schedules.
- Produced engaging fliers, postcards, and mail pieces to increase company awareness.
- Provided friendly customer service to new and current customers.
- Increased sales by 2% with client retention techniques.
- Participated in bi-weekly staff training sessions.
Temple University, Trenton, NJ
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality
- Minor in Marketing
*References: Available upon request.