Applying for a Web Designer job? Use our CV example to get started with your application. You must customise this example before doing anything else.
Did you know that you don’t need to have a degree, diploma or certificate etc to become a Web Designer. You can learn it all by yourself. The internet is full of resources which are all free. A couple of Google searches will take you to the right places to learn more about web designing.
Things to consider when writing a CV:
– Writing a CV longer than 1 page is not recommended. Keep it short and concise.
– Relevancy is the key to secure an interview from the employer. Working experience and skills must be related to the job you are applying for.
– Proofread is a must when it’s come to a job application. Spelling and grammatical mistakes can cost you an interview.
– Use relevant keywords when writing your CV for the application tracking systems. They will fail you for irrelevant keywords, spelling and grammar mistakes.
Web Designer Resume – CV Example
1, My House
Secure a challenging position as a Web Designer in web design or advertising company.
Summary of Qualifications
- Ability to install, repair, upgrade, and maintain notebook and desktop computers as well as printers.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux, UNIX, Red Hat Linux, C+, C++, C#, Jack the Ripper, CSS, HTML, XHTML, ColdFusion, PERL, and PHP.
- Database Systems: APACHE, MySQL, Access, and Oracle.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to construct smooth user interfaces for enhanced web experience.
Web Designer/PC Tech: May 2018 – Present, The Ken Works Company, Atlanta, GA
- Participate in staff training for web designers/developers.
- Write proposals for web designs to small business accounts.
- Maintain back office cleanliness of desktops and printers.
- Repair, install, upgrade and program computer systems.
Web Designer/PC Tech: Jan. 2015 – May 2017, Florida Technical College, Jacksonville, FL
- Redesigned college website using XTML and ColdFusion.
- Designed and programmed Oracle database for student registration forms.
- Monitored network applications through remote access (only student granted clearance).
Web Designer Intern: July 2013 – Jan. 2015, Florida Community College, Jacksonville, FL
- Performed administrative duties including copying, filing, transferring, and monitoring computer systems.
- Wrote engaging documents for Student Learning Center regarding Internet use.
- Published one technical document, FCCJ Web Designer’s Handbook.
- Named best Web Design Intern for Fall 2010 semester.
Florida Technical College, Jacksonville, FL
- Associate of Science in Web Design/Computer Science
- Activities: President of Web Designers of America, Toastmasters Member
Florida Community College at Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
- Associate of Arts in Computer Drafting
- Ripley’s Believe it Or Not!: Planned, designed, and uploaded dynamic pages for an exciting user experience.
- Writer’s Journey/Excursion Series: Designed database system.
*References available upon request.